Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Okotoks

This weekend was another busy weekend for triathletes and runners. On Saturday we had a small sprint Tri at Okotoks. The weather was perfect. Sandy was 1st up as the women started before the men. She looked strong from start to finish and ended coming in 2nd out of the lake. Great Swim Sandy! The rest of the race went well for Sandy as well and she was thrilled to have completed her 2nd ever triathlon.

The men started 15 or so minutes after the ladies and Alistair and myself were in the mix. I thought the 500m distance was perfect. Short and sweet and ended coming out in 3rd. Alistair was 6th. Great swim for his 1st ever tri and open water event. I pushed strong on the bike and shortly became the race leader. Near the end of the ride I could see guys very close to me but I stilled pushed. Once the run started I could really feel my fitness and I did not have anything left in my legs. I held the lead for 2 km and then got passed by 2 strong men. I could not even come close to them today. I ended placing 3rd overall and was very happy. Alistair had a very strong bike as he never seemed that far from me. He then had a steady run and was able to complete his 1st Triathlon. Great job Sandy and Alistair.

No comments: