Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good Bye to Thursday night run

Last night was the last Thursday night run at Talisman Centre. This was a group that was coached by Gord and Ray for over 20 years. I was proud to be a part of this group for ~5 years. I have not run with them for almost 5 years now. A party was held at Sue's house and it was great to say thanks to both coaches and to reminese stories of old with Vince & Co.

To see so many athletes gather to say thanks and goodbye was awesome. They will be missed dearly and they leave big shoes to fill.

This was a special night for me as it reminded me how important a good group is and how great coaching and training partners can push people limits beyond what they think is capable. As I came to the track tonight after the workout was over I asked Shane how his run was, he said he felt like puking. I smiled and thought, "Oh yeah, I remember this class" :)

Thanks Ray and Gord for being there for all those years and putting up with all of us crazy runners / triathletes. And thanks to Vince (& other training partners) who pushed me beyond my limits each week. I will miss the class......

No comments: