Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Great White North

Great white had perfect racing conditions. I was very happy about this as Lethbridge and Arbour saw my share of rain. My goal was to make it to the starting line. After dropping my Mom off at the Airport I made my way to the lake. I felt that I had enough time to do everything that I needed. I always bring a checklist so that I do not miss anything. Once at T1 I saw that there was no space for my bike. It was jam packed. After some tricky moves I got my bike in. My plan was to swim fast enough to avoid the soon to be hectic T1. Sandy came and helped me put on my wetsuit. I was the last one in T1. The countdown clock was 5 mins. Lots of time. O canada started and I made my way to the start. I quickly went far left and found a good spot to start from. High Five Greg, a quick dunk underwater and off we went. The swim was good, my googles leaked but no big deal. The swim is always so short. I was quickly through T1 and onto my bike. I was happy with no rain. I had a lot of fun on the bike today. I felt strong and the best that I have in many years. Time = 2:29. I left T2 at the 3 hour mark. Right on target. The run was a bit of a struggle but overall I was very pleased with a 1:36 half. My endurance really showed near the last 5 km. I was very lucky to grab an IM spot and I will be racing IMC come August. This is my 10 year anniversary since doing the race so I am very happy to be trying it again.

Greg also had a good race. He has been very busy lately with baby Nate. Less hours training and even less hours sleeping. Welcome to the club Greg! He was happy to finish in just over 6 hours. Sylvan is next for Greg. good luck on Saturday.

Rose was also racing today, she was very much looking forward to a good training day for IMC. She was also very happy to get to the starting line and finishing the race was very emotional. Great job Rose!

Congrats also out to Don who completed his 1st ever half in a time of 6:54. That was a great training day for IMC as well for Don.











First Lap Done for Todd












Moving on to T1













Almost Done, the Pringles taste Great!

2 comments:

who's this and the what now? said...

I never saw pringles on the course. I feel ripped off!
Greg:-)

No Limits Coaching said...

The pringles were brought by Sandy as a special request from the coach. :)