Monday, August 06, 2007

Coral Springs Sprint (Tri-It)

This was a fun day. I was a volunteer along with many No limits athletes and friends of Tri-It. The day started for me at 5:00 helping set up the course. I was the swim captain. This was my 1st time doing this and I found it very rewarding. Today we had Tim, Alistair, Bruce and Lisa racing. This is a fun race as it is so short and Fast. Jordan pushed hard from start to finish and won the event. It was very cool to watch him roll across the finish line in support of the BlazeMan. That would have been a cool photo.

Tim had a very good race. He pushed the pace from start to finish and ended placing 6th overall and 2nd in his age group. Very Nice.

Alistair was back racing after Okotoks. This time the swim went well and he was able to have a strong run. Although he still felt the run was too long. Alistair that is what I think at all the races. :) He was 4th in his AG and 27 overall.

Lisa had a good race as well. I only saw her as she crossed the finish line and she looked as if she gave a very strong effort out there. He effort earned her 3rd place in her age group.

Bruce keeps increasing his race distances. This race was a full sprint. He also enjoyed the day with a 8th place in his age group. Nice job Bruce.

This was a very successful and fun race to be a part of. I encourage all of you to try to volunteer at least one event a year. It is very nice to help the organizers and see what happens behind the scenes. Good Job to trevor and Co. at putting on another good race!

No comments: