Monday, November 12, 2007

Calgary Tri Club Challenge

Tony Smith of UCTC writes:

I've had a fun idea kicking around in my head for while which I'd like to share with you all. I've often thought it would be great to bring the various Calgary Tri Clubs together for a fun event in the off season. This event would be called "Calgary Tri Club Challenge", here's how I see it working.

Your athletes will complete a 1500m swim time trial at your facility (or independently) anytime between now and Nov 20. You will send me, by email, your athlete names (first name only will suffice) and time for the 1500m.

Participants from all clubs will then meet at Edworthy Park (north side parking lot) on Sunday, Nov 25 at 10am for a 5km run time trial on the pathway heading East, out and back. Total time will be recorded.

I will collect all results and add the 1500m swim time to the 5k run time for an overall placing. I will post combined swim and run results on our club website. No entry fee and no prizing (unless anyone wants to donate prizing for the event).

Everyone will be welcome, non club members will also be invited to race as "independents".

I see this as a great opportunity to organize a fun event and bring everyone together. A first amongst Calgary tri Clubs in our city !

The UCTC will be participating for sure and I'd like to encourage you to join us. Full details will be posted on our club message board at www.facebook.com soon. I will copy you with the info, if you're interested please "reply all" to this email and let us know. Coaches are also encouraged to race, let's have some fun with this !

Tony.

Check out http://www.trainingandracing.com/triclubchallenge

No comments: