Sunday, June 12, 2011

Janine's Vulcan (sprint) Triathlon Race Report

I loved it! It occurred to me after that the training was much more difficult than the race (maybe I didn't push hard enough) In spite of practicing on and off the bike I was still nervous about the transitions before. My 11 year old swim start was 10:15 and mine was at 11:00 so I didn't have much of a warm up unless you count jumping up and down and cheering. Swim was fine, bike it was sooo cold and the head wind on the way back was brutal. I was able to stay aero almost the whole ride. During training I struggled at bit with the aero position. I felt a bit sick when I first started to run but then I realized in the rush to get to Vulcan and get organized that I hadn't eaten anything for 5 hours maybe a small snack at 9:30 would have helped? When I put my running shoes on I realized I couldn't feel my feet (yes it was that cold). I completed the run and still didn't have much feeling in my feet. Swim time 13:01, bike 37:13, run 24:45 overall place was 158/510 age group 17/86 females. I made my goal of being in the top 50% but I always look for where I could have done better. I am happy and ready to train hard for the next month for the Heart of the Rockies sprint. Thanks Coach for preparing me so well!

No comments: