Monday, May 28, 2007

Calgary Kids of Steel (Race Review by Maddie)

I would first off like to thank my friends and family for joining me on my first race of the season. I would especially like to thank my awesome coach Todd for believing in me and helping me be successful in all my triathlons and running races and much more to come. I couldn’t ask for a better coach he makes me strive for my goals and to push my limits.
Well what a surprising day. It started off as such a great running season with 3 wins under my belt. What happened today? My race today was very eventful. Right off the hop I just couldn’t feel my groove. The other girls all looked so focused with so much experience under their belts. It was kind of scary not know what to expect. The swim felt good I was really trying to pace myself and not freak out. The bike just didn’t feel right. I was really uncertain about the aero bars and the clips. I felt very timid. But I knew if I hauled I could catch them on the run. It wasn’t to be. But boy it was fun. I was very sad at the end because I know I had not left it out there on the course. But Rose Petal said “don’t you dare you cry you be proud and grateful to be here”. I am so blessed. One thing I did learn is to zip up my coat because today mine was like a Para shoot in the wind. Coming in sixth place today was quite a shocker, but I know that it can only make me stronger and ready for my next race this coming up weekend “Tri this Tri”! I know I’m going to do well because I know that I’m more mentally tough and physically tough. I am prepared. With training and racing more to come I will become more comfortable with my bike! MY bike is my friend!!!!Repeat!!
The highlight of the day. Was watching Jake rock in his first Tri

No comments: