Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Police Half

The Police half was held a couple a weeks ago. The weather looked like it could rain, so I wore my jacket. I like to be warm. As it turned out, sunday was a perfect day to run. Not too cold or windy. Just the way I like it. I was running with Corey with a goal of hitting 1:30. Corey was suffering from a sinus infection and he fell off the pace. I hung tough and finsihed in 1:31. I was very pleased with this time. Corey came in a dissappointing 1:37. Elaine was using this race to test her Ironman training fitness. Everything looks good with a 1:38. Elaine was also very happy with her result. Shane hopped into this race as Michele was unable to make it. He used this run as a nice chance to get his LSD run in early in the day. He cruised to a PR of 1:44. Nice!
Dawn running on tired legs from Boston enjoyed her run and also ran to a PR of 1:48. Wow. Isabelle was also in the mix and she was attempting her very 1st Half marathon. She crossed the line in 2:39. Great job Isabelle! I know you are very proud of your day.

Congrats to all the finsihers. And thanks to all the friends who were cheering along the course. It was great motivation to see so many friendly faces.

No comments: