Friday, June 15, 2007

Wasa results

Last Sunday was also Wasa triathlon weekend. It was a cold lake and windy day on the bike.

I went swimming at Mara Lake on the same day and if the water was as cold as I was swimming in, Wow. Cold. I only lasted for ~20 strokes before looking for the dock. But as you know I do not like the cold.

The cold waters did not slow Maureen much. She pushed strong from start to finish and ended up winning her Age group. Her training lane mate Jackie also had a good race (considering the limited training). The 1 minute lost in her swim was most likely due to her vacation from the pool when BHC was down. :) Sorry Jackie, I just can't help myself :)

Corey was eager to have a good race here today. But he had a bike crash just a few days before as some deer jumped in front of him in the middle of his Hard interval training. He hit the ground at 40+ km/hr. Ouch! Corey great job at making it to the starting line and crossing the finish. I know that was very hard to do.

Sandy was also racing today. The cold weather really impacted her today. As we know Sandy really does not like the cold waters. Worse than me. She did not warm up during the event and was disappointed with her race. Next race Sandy!!!

Isabelle also had a tough time just making it to the starting line today. One week before the race while walking (no deer attacks!) she sprained her ankle. Ouch! With proper rest she was able to make it to the starting line and finished the swim and bike components. Her ankle was still too tender to run on so she called it quits after the bike. Smart decision. Over all she was very pleased with how she fared.

Great effort everyone at the race and please be careful out there!! Next race is Arbour Lake tri on Sunday. Come on out and cheer me and Tim on. I need all the help I can get. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Todd, I was also very proud of Bruce for his sprint at Wasa. He had a very strong race. I understand that Bruce is now a triathlon addict.

Hope you all had a good race at Arbour Lake. Pretty horrible out there.