Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Canada Day Triathlon for Amy

For 2010 Amy set a goal for herself to complete a triathlon. Amy chose the Turner Valley sprint triathlon. Below is her race report.

Hi Todd, Just wanted to let you know how the race turned out. I drove the bike route the morning of the race and was freaked out by the hills. I knew I trained for them on the trainer but I had biked flat areas outside. The swim was okay. It was a wavy pool and I don't know my times yet. The bike portion was AWESOME! Other than a guy in a speedo who I called Turner Valley Todd who passed me and was really fast, I passed lots of people, even on hills. A guy named Randy and I duked it out. He would pass me downhill and then I would pass him on flat areas and uphill. I guess my downhills could be faster. He didn't pass me in the final portion either. I think my time was around 45 or 46 minutes. Going up the hills I would think about different loved ones and "pedal" their names. My legs felt like cement during the run but I never stopped or walked and was able to pass people. I was tired but never "ran" out of energy. I think my time was about 31 minutes. I think my time was around 1:45. The results will be on the website soon.

Todd, thank you so much for the excellent training you provided. Before the thought of being clipped to a bike and riding fast was terrifying. You saw me the first day I rode the Felt outside. No clipped shoes and really slow. I wasn't sure that day if I would even be able to do 90 rpm on the bike outside. But I made myself do it in the last part of training and I'm so proud of myself. Your encouragement that I was prepared really helped too.

Amy's final result was 1:39. Congratulations and welcome to the crazy sport of triathlon!!!!

No comments: