Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Calgary Police half marathon

Well this race was one for the books. Louise woke up at 5:30 and looked outside and went back to bed. I think now that the race is over many would have wished that they too made that same decision.

The roads were very snow covered and icy. There were lots of crashes and racers needed to adjust to the ever changes road conditions. No limits had quite a few racers who braved the conditions. I am not going to post times this time around. Here is a quote from an anonymous racer:

"That was probably the stupidest thing I have done from a racing/training standpoint. Conditions were horrible and I fell twice, as did most of the people I talked to. I have a long list of injuries but I think most of them aren't too serious."

I want you to really think about this.... Just because you sign up for an event does not mean you need to do it. Or go fast because it is a race. Sometimes it is OK to go back to bed or to turn down your race dial and safely cruise the race.

Something to think about next time.....

Next race for many is Vegas IronGirls should be no snow :)

No comments: