Monday, July 25, 2011

Chestermere Triathlon Race Report by Bill

Woke up to a beautiful morning no wind, high of 27 and about 15 degrees at race start.  Had the usual pre-race jitters, even for the sprints, which are all my worn knee can handle without acting up.  Hey whatever works. 

The horn went off and the swim went great a bit congested and a few weeds but I like both, as you know I wasn’t born in a pool.  

Out  of the water and on to the bike which was a 12k square loop which we did twice (so 8 90 degree corners) which was perfect for my road bike which might not be the fastest on the straights, compared to all those tri bikes,  but it is sure fast through corners.

There were 90 competitors in the sprint and when I came in to transition there weren’t many bikes there so I thought that was a good sign.

Out on to the run course, which like the rest of the race was beautiful and so well supported by the community. 

When I came in from the run Trevor announced that I was the third place racer, which was pretty cool, especially as Dorothy was there.  It was a proud moment.  Todd all the brick work through the winter and our swims really paid off.  I felt very comfortable, in an anaerobic way.

Todd, thanks so much for all your help and support.

No comments: