Sunday, June 21, 2009

Chinook Half Ironman

Yesterday was the chinookhalf ironman. What an amazing day to race. After my bike class Rob and I went down to fish creek to cheer on the runners. Keeping with my tradition I stopped off at McDs for lunch and ate it as the runners ran by. Water, Gatorade..French Fry... :)

If anything the expressions and comments we got was totally worth it.

The sun was out and the temp was heating up for the run. It was great to see everyone do so well. Here are the results. http://www.resultscanada.com/results2009/2009_ChinookHalfIronman/2009_ChinookHalfIronman_Overall.txt

Kyle came in 2nd overall in a time of 4:53
Rob came in 4th overall in a time of 5:05
Jenny Won the women's race in a time of 5:16
Tara pushed through a tight IT to finish in 6:08
Kelly learned a lot about lake swimming :) and finished in a time of 6:12
Jackie finished her 1st triathlon post surgery and finished in a time of 6:19

Unfortunately Rose had a flat tire near th 3/4 mark on the bike and had to DNF.. ARghhh!

We had a great time cheering everyone on and I am looking forward to GWN where I get to toe the line with many of you.

Happy Father's Day!!!!

No comments: