Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lynn's Wasa race report


Wasa Race Report
We had a spectacular day, I mean spectacular! Little bit overcast, little to no wind, sunshine, warm water to swim in, and a great course surrounded by mountains. Who could ask for more?

The swim was fun because they sent the guys off before us, so no thrashing by them. The water was warm and reasonably clear. I lined up at the front, with my sights on the first and second orange marked. Mary Jesse was with me and hesitated to start front and centre with me, but in the end she stayed with me and had a great swim. We swam side by side until the first marked and then she pulled away from me. Unfortunately the swim was a bit short, which makes most triathletes smile with glee - me I wish the swim was longer.......

We had a challenging transition, 200m run uphill with a bit of sand mixed in for good measure!

Wasa bike is flat and fast and once again no wind. I got passed by lots of girls, but you have to race your own race. It was interesting to see six Lamborghini's go by all in a row, don't know where they were going?

Run, well it didn't hurt as much as last year and I thought I was going faster, but ended up slower by just over a minute. Oh well, 4 minutes faster than last year. I'll take it.

Evan and Dylan did the Kids race Saturday, and finished 1st and 2nd in the 10&11 year olds. They totally enjoyed their day racing and working a run aid station the next day.

No comments: