Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tanya's Wasa report


Well, all in all i am very happy with my race. My swim time I think would have been a PB, hard to tell because it ended up being short and there was a 200m run to transition. It was definitely challenging for the first 500m or so,a lot of getting beat on, then i rounded the corner to come home and basically swam by myself for the last 500m. I actually stopped and turned around to make sure 1) that i wasn't last and that is why I was swimming by myself 2) to make sure I hadn't gone totally off course and was aiming for the wrong buoy. Was pleased that neither of these were true and I was just in the middle of the pact, people ahead of me and behind me but not beside me anymore. Got on my bike and just started pedaling, I must have passed about 20 people on the bike, one of which had a disc wheel on there bike, which made me feel really good. I know that my swim is not my strong point so biking is were i need to be making up time. My goal was to hold 34km/hr. I pushed hard and held a steady 32.5km. I was feeling strong coming off the bike and started running and didn't even have the usually heavy legs right off the bike. Held a pretty steady 5:20 pace which was great, right on track for 53-54min/10k.....then the 6km marker popped up and my IT was getting REALLY tight. I slowed my pace and it kept getting worse, I tried walking for a bit but it didn't help. So I figured if it hurt equally while walking, then i might as well run as much as i can and get to the finish line faster. It was a 1hr 10k for me, which I was very unhappy with but it could have been worse. ALL in ALL it was a great day.


One more down and GWN to come YIPPPEEE

No comments: